Tuesday 23 November 2010

The Tea Tree - Day Two

So going on from all the organic images and pictures of trees and leaves from my design sheets, the name of the product at the moment is 'The Tea Tree', though that is subject to change. I did a bit of a typeface test to find one that I liked and I ended up settling on these two from dafont, the top one is Optimus Princeps and the bottom is Romance Fatal Serif.

I decided to stick with Optimus Princeps (what an odd name for a typeface) and got a load of free tree vectors from an old issue of Computer Arts. Using some of the images from my design sheets I decided to try and make vector versions of them.


I really like the idea of having the tree upside down as part of the logo as it uses the tree image to show the product as being organic but the fact that it is upside down gives it a bit of a twist. Of course, I have to choose the right tree. I wanted a tree that was a little more symmetrical, or at least appeared to be rather than some of these side heavy trees that are shown below.




I decided to take a break away from the trees and tried to add tea leaves to the words. I got a photograph of some tea leaves from the net and made a vector of them. It's not really obvious that they're tea leaves and I don't like the way that it's looking, so I'm going back to the trees.

A bit of logo experimentation.


Out of all of the logos that I attempted, I like the below three the best.




I made a vector net of the box that I was mocking up yesterday so that I can make the box up easily and design directly onto the net.



Using the front panel of the box, I'm just using a dark grey so that the white logo will show up. I had a go at making the box fronts using each of the logos and out of the three logos I much prefer this one at the top with the upside down tree on it.




Out of the logo sizes, I prefer the smaller logo as it sits very nicely central and leaves a lot of negative space for the rest of the design.

No comments:

Post a Comment