Thursday 25 November 2010

Tea Brief - Day Four

I mocked up some 3D representations of the boxes so that I could have a crack at seeing what the rest of the box would look like when constructed. Out of them all, I like the one that it smack in the middle with the sides of the boxes being the same colour as the type. I added a slot in the side of the box to act as the gauge so the use could see how many tea bags were left by the level on the side of the box.


A close up of the chosen layout.

Out of all the colour ranges I had in the previous post these are the colours that I picked out of each of the options for each of the flavours. Out of the two options, I much prefer the colours on the white background rather than the other way around.


3D representations of each. These aren't sitting as well with me as I had hoped that they do and despite having the same design, they simply don't look as consistent as I want them to be. They aren't aesthetically pleasing.


In the previous post, while looking at colour options for each of the teas I found that some of them had a nice gradient effect running through them. Going back to this I have decided that instead of choosing 6 different flavours of tea, I should shoose 3 popular types of tea and create a range of five flavours within each range.

I went on a hunt for flavours of Chai tea and these are the flavours that I found that sounded interesting.


Range of black teas.

I had a couple of goes at this. I went from 100% black to 20% black and the 20% black is a little too light and too subtle to be seen.


From 100% black to 60% black.


While not technically black, this is the range that I like the most out of the three. I chose a nice dark brownish black and set the percentage at intervals of ten as they got lighter.


Range of green tea favours.



Dealing with the tea bag tag, I wanted to have the logo on one side of it with the flavour of the tea bag written on the other side. Because I haven't used glue on any part of this project so far, I'm not about to start now. I have decided that I want to use the thread that will connect the tea bag to the tag so simply tie the two togethe, so the tag would be one piece that simply folds in half and is then pierced at the top.




Quite simply, these are the nets of each flavour of tea.















No comments:

Post a Comment